Current Graduate Students

Current Graduate Students

The following collection of resources are for current graduate students at Cleveland State University. If you have a question that is not found in the links below, you may forward your question to the College of Graduate Studies.

Graduate Catalog - The Catalog is the official source of the university's academic programs, courses, policies, and procedures. The catalog should be used as a guide, in conjunction with your academic advisor, in planning a course of study and in meeting requirements for graduation.

Thesis/Dissertation - Degree programs determine whether or not a thesis/dissertation is required for a graduate degree. A thesis/dissertation may take any of several forms, such as a scholarly essay, research report, or a creative artistic work.

Forms - Contains downloadable/printable version of forms needed by Graduate Students or an Undergraduate taking graduate courses.

Funding Sources - A list of possible funding sources, including Signature Graduate Assistantships.

Academic Regulations - Each student is responsible for meeting the curricular requirements and following the academic regulations of the college and university.

Graduate Program Offered - A list of graduate programs offered, 4+1, Master's, Doctoral, Certificates, and more.

International Graduate Students - An international student is an individual who holds a visa while enrolled at Cleveland State University.

Graduate and Teaching Assistantships - Graduate Assistantships are regarded as apprenticeships during which students become more effective members of their professions through formal instruction, interaction with faculty, research and administrative experiences.

Writing Help for Graduate Students - The CSU Writing Center offers you two types of assistance: individualized tutoring and the resources outlined on the website.

Graduation Procedures - All students are required to complete a graduation application well in advance of their projected graduation date. Students should consult their college advising offices before submitting their application.

Non-Degree Graduate Students - Non-Degree status is designed for those who want to take graduate courses for professional growth and/or personal enrichment, or who wish to take a limited amount of course work to explore the possibility of later entering a graduate degree, certificate,
or licensure program.

U-Pass - Cleveland State is pleased to support the popular U-Pass program. The U-Pass allows ALL MAIN CAMPUS students to ride free of charge on all Greater Cleveland RTA buses and rapid trains during a semester.


Phone: 216-687-9370


Address: Parker-Hannifin Hall, third floor

2258 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44115